Sorry for not posting in a few days, we have been in London, and not had so much time for blogging. -Not to mention it was 10 pounds...(don't have the symbol here on the keyboard) ...oh wait, i do! £10... I think that is it. Now that I look at it I don't think that's right. Close enough! anyway, it was 20 dollars...(don't have the dollar symbol here on this keyboard either because I'm on Preben's Norwegian one.) ANYWAY- 20 bucks to log onto the wireless network at our last hotel for just 24 hours! This would not be so bad except that just to stay at this hotel, (one of the cheapest we found) we were paying about 200 dollars a night for a tiny tiny tiny little room that can hardly fit a bed, and ONE suitcase opened at a time on the floor. But the place we are at now, (thanks to Preben's work) is really sweet!

We are here in London because Preben has some work stuff going on here this week, so we thought we would make a trip of it and he let me tag along :) We have had a great weekend shopping and doing a little site seeing. This is both our 4th time to visit London, so we have sort of done most of the touristy things. But seeing Buckingham Palace and Big Ben and the London Eye still makes me excited every time! 
We have really been enjoying Starbucks as they don't have it in Norway and it is a fairly cheap (for London) place to buy lunch or a sandwich or whatever if you have the munchies.We have been here since Friday night, and now it is Monday and we have been 4 times. Well, I have been 5 because Preben was at a work thing and I really needed a frappachino :)
We also got to see the amazing Lion King show. It was awesome! It was so cool how they put it all together and to see it performed on stage with the giant set and stuff. They said not to take pictures while we were in there, but of course, I had to try. -Don't worry mom, I turned off the flash. Of course I got yelled at. I don't even know how he saw me! We were sitting right on the isle! We had pretty good seats actually; 7th row. anyway, that's why there are only two pictures from while the show was going on. During many part of the show, the performers came right down the isle-right next to us. It was really cool.


We also saw something I have never seen before, and hopefully never will again. While we were on Oxford Street, shopping away, all of a sudden, thousands of bikers came driving down the road, completely naked. They were some sort of group that had bikers all over the world do the same thing at the same time. Not sure exactly what they were demonstrating, but probably natural beauty or something. It was so funny, while they were passing, the WHOLE street of people just stopped walking and what they were doing and everyone just watched. Many also took pictures, so I wasn't the only one who was shocked to see this. This 'show' probably went on for about 10 minutes. It was pretty wild.

Well, that is all to report for now. We go home on Thursday, but I will try to post some more London fun before then since Preben will be semi busy with work stuff. Bye for now!
P.S. I found the dollar sign...$$$$$$ yay!
Hahaha you are so funny!!! I can't believe you are posting naked bike pics on your blog!!!! We are going to have to mark it 'X' rated!!! ;) Glad you are having fun in London with some good ole starbucks, a taste of home! You look cute as ever! Thanks for keeping us posted!! I need to e-mail you with some question I have....maybe I will do that to keep you amused while you are waiting for preben. I hope internet is cheaper now than $20. YIKES. Love ya
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! I like the one of Preben holding up Big Ben.
ReplyDeleteAlso: if any of those bike riders sold me their bike I would defiantly have to change the seat.
Hey jsm, you need to expand your blog.
Love ya
hey engers!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun trip you guys must have had. I am enjoying 85F in Chicago - and the bugs I don't know how to spell (secadas, cecadas???).
Take care and keep us posted on other adventures! What's next: Rome, Paris or my personal favorite and desired destination: Tibet?
I'm eagerly awaiting the day we'll meet - hopefully in July - and we have time to laugh and chat and have a Frappucino "wanna-be" at Lauras in Kristiansand.
Cheers,
Solveig
el, your picture commentary is hilarious!! i'm loving it. glad to know you are doing well! wish you were coming home before christmas!!
ReplyDeleteHey guys, glad you're enjoying life. It is so cool that you got to go to London again!
ReplyDeleteAnd you're doing a good job keeping your blog updated!
big hug.