Well, we had a wonderful week in London! -Well, I did, anyway. Preben did too, but he had to work a lot during the week. I think I had so much fun because I wasn't rushed to see everything, and I just did my own thing, and everyone spoke English :), and there was a GAP, and a Starbucks, and they
had creamy peanut butter and chocolate chips at the grocery store. :) It was great!! We also stayed in this amazing hotel, only topped by one other I have stayed at, which is the Four Seasons in Atlanta, where Preben and I stayed the night we got married. We stayed at the May Fair, where they had bathrobes waiting for us, and turned down our bed every night before we went to bed. The hotel was right next to Green Park, where I went running, which is right on the side of Buckingham Palace. It was perfect. 

Here's Preben working late into the night, and then him at Picadilly Circus, kind of the same as New York's Time Square, I guess.
We went on one of those Big Bus tours, which takes you around the city and tells you all about the history of it and stuff like that. It was interesting. While we were on the bus, we passed the place where Princess Diana used to get her hair done. We saw here hair stylist in the window busily working on someone's hair. The tour guide said that it was £435 just for a BOOKING fee to get your hair done there!!! That is over $800 just to book your appointment. -excluding the cost of actually getting your hair cut there. That is the thing that I remember most from the tour. :)
I'm not sure what this is, but I'm sure it's important! It might be the place where they keep the crown jewels.
Bus Tour
Some of you might recall the famous song...Well, here's the bridge that started it all.

London Eye

Well, that's all to report about London. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments!