Sunday, June 3

Lauren and Brad's Wedding

I was lucky enough to be able go home for one of my best friends' wedding. It took place in Hickory, North Carolina in a really small town. The ceremony was held inside a church, and the reception was at Lauren's family cabin in the woods. The cabin has been in the family for many years, and built by her grandfather, (I think...) and I believe, she and Brad were the 10th wedding that has taken place there. Many of her aunts and uncles have been married there as well. Everything was perfect, the weather, the temperature, Lauren was beautiful, and Brad looked great! I got to see some friends I have not seen in a while, which was really fun! All in all, it was perfect. :) At the end of the reception, the tradition is to gang up on the bride the groom and throw them into the lake! ughhh...I would be so mad! But they got to change into some other clothes, so no, Lauren's dress did not get ruined. :) And they were expecting it since it has been such a part of their family tradition. I really wish Preben could have been there to celebrate, but he was busy working and bringing home the money :) It was such a busy and crazy visit back home, but it was a wonderful trip! Right now, Georgia has amazing weather, not too hot, but not cold at all. I got to wear skirts and flip-flops every day! ok, well that is all to report from the wedding! Right now, Brad and Lauren are hopefully having a wonderful relaxing time on the beaches of Mexico!
Here is Erin, Mandi and I at the wedding.



Here's my Dad, the beautiful bride, and myself

My cute parents

Kathryn and me
Searching for the guarder
The awesome food!
and our beautiful flowers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!