Turned out the ticket could not be changed at all, in which case, not see Sara until Christmas. oh well....
Then, as me, Amy, my Mom and Dad, were reviewing all our flight information and getting the general idea of driving and picking up and time schedules with the airport (Amy was leaving for Russia on June 1st)....Poor Mom has been to the airport way too many times this month...We realized that both Sara and I had a layover in Amsterdam. Then we looked at the times and noticed we were there at the exact same time!!! I was so excited! Her plane got in about 30 minutes before mine, so I was determined to race and find her and surprise her before she went to her gate. So, it turned out not being able to extend my ticket was not such a bad thing at all.
While I was in Atlanta, waiting at my gate, I was talking to this army man. (I feel as though I am always at the gate with a thousand army people). He was really nice, then they called my seat section, so I said my goodbyes to the guy and got in the line. As we were getting on the plane, there was this guy behind me, so of course I have to talk to everyone, and I asked him where he was going, and he said Stavanger! I couldn't believe it! I said I was going there too! then we found out he was sitting just one row behind me! The luck! Once we got on the plane, there was a woman who was assigned to the seat next to the guy (Matt), and she asked if she could trade with me so that she could sit with her grandmother. It worked out perfect! She got to sit with her grandma, and I got to sit with Matt! It is always so nice when you get to sit with someone nice to talk with.
On top of this luck, with meeting Matt, and him going to Stavanger, the plane was awesome! We got our OWN TV screens, which I have not had in a while, and there was this insane list of movies you could watch at anytime on the flight! (usually you can like only watch a choice of 3 and have to watch only while they are playing during specific times). soooo I would have to say it was my best flight across the pond ever! And, I also was excited because I knew I might get to see Sara at the other end!
After we landed, I was looking at a big screen to find out what gate Sara was going to be at, as well as my own, and then all of a sudden, she walked right under the screens! I jumped right in front of her and scared her and she was really shocked, but it was awesome! so we just crossed paths! anyway, it was awesome!
We got to sit and talk a bit and I found out some about her her Tanzania trip was and got to see some pictures. Then we both had to go catch our flights, but it was so fun.
Sara is now home safe and sound and Amy made it safely to Russia. As soon as Sara stepped off the plane, she had to go straight to the dentist because her student insurance ran out that same day...hahaha. How did that go Sar?
We got to sit and talk a bit and I found out some about her her Tanzania trip was and got to see some pictures. Then we both had to go catch our flights, but it was so fun.
Sara is now home safe and sound and Amy made it safely to Russia. As soon as Sara stepped off the plane, she had to go straight to the dentist because her student insurance ran out that same day...hahaha. How did that go Sar? Thanks mom for all the driving us to and picking us up from the airport!! You are the greatest! And thank you, too, Deacon, for always being willing to tag along for all the airport goodbyes and hellos. Ok, that's all for today! Tomorrow; THE CRATE!

hey Ellen, wow, you are such an ardent blogger!!! It's great. I've kind of fell off the blogging wagon... not that I don't want to blog, but just get sick of the computer after staring at it all day... Maybe I'll have to post something today since I'm on here... haha.
ReplyDeleteTalked to Sara today, she's back in Athens, and we are going to try to hang out sometime this summer.
Tell Preben I said hey.
love, Ingunn
what a GREAT story!! I LOVE IT!! I'm still waiting on the plane with the personal tvs and movies to watch!! hehe Can't wait to be on that side of the world and then we can scheme and plan a meeting on that side of the pond! Yippee!! Love the blog, keep it up! ;)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYay! I got an entire entry! :) That makes me happy. Thanks El. I love your side of the story. Mine is a little bit shorter: "I heard someone shout my name and then saw my sister just bolt right up to me!!! I was so confused..." haha. I am so glad all of that did work out and that we got to visit, even for 30min. I got to see both sisters in the same day! And it's a miracle if that happens these days. So great. AND, just fyi, we did get the same good plane flying home to ATL. Movies and all...so ha! :)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I am praying for your new home. I can't wait to see what the Lord blesses you with!
Love you guys!
Also, I never got to say that I hope your exams turned out well, P-Bo.
p.s. So who is jsm anyway? I'm sure it's someone I like, but I can't figure it out...
p.p.s. Sorry, I deleted my comment and edited it. I'm the deleter.