Tuesday, October 9

treasure hunting & Sweet Thea

It is so hard for me to entertain my boys many of these hot days, and especially now that Thea is here and needs almost constant feedings.

I would love some suggestions on what you other mommas do with your kids at home on those long hot summer Houston days when you can't be outside for long stretches.    

I sometimes wonder if they would be better off in school for more days than they already go.

But we do still manage to have some fun and I remembered to bust out the camera the day we went on a treasure hunt just because they were so excited about it.  
They loved it and talked about it for days afterwards.



First we made binoculars.
it doesn't get much easier than scotch tape and toilet paper rolls.
They put their own special touches on them.  



I made a list of treasures for us to find and Noah practiced his writing and traced the letters.
He is getting so good at writing his name and other letters!  I'm so impressed with him.



Ready to start the hunt!


Grass!
A true treasure.



I can't tell you how much they loved these binoculars.  Like seriously, you would have thought it was a brand new toy from the store.


Thea was our treasure protector.


We even spotted some airplanes! 
Thank goodness for the binoculars so they could get a better view.



And I can't leave you without some pictures of our little Princess.

Opening her little eyes more and more these days.




Isn't she cute??



 Noah is just as bad as me when it comes to taking pictures of Thea.  :)  
I love him.



We've been enjoying our last days of summer swimming in our new pool!  



Our little super heros at breakfast 



We've been making pumpkin things!
Tis the season! :)  
We love the fall!



 Such a peaceful girl.


Little beauty.

This was one of my outfits I had when I was a baby.  
Since my Mom is so awesome, she saved her favorite baby clothes of ours, to give us when we had kids.
Since "God told her" I would have a little girl, she knew I would get some use out of them.  
Thanks for saving them Mom!  Such a sweet special thing to use for my little girl.



open eyes!



Noah LOVES his little sister and is so proud of her when he shows her to people.  
I hear him whisper things to her in her ear all the time.  He usually whispers, 
"I love you so much, Thea"



Melts my heart how much he adores her.  
I love my sweet babies and we are so blessed to have them.  


2 comments:

  1. Ellen- I don't have any ideas to keep little boys busy but I LOVE your treasure hunt, complete with homeade binoculars!!!!!

    ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new pictures. They are all adorable. Be careful, soon they will want a dog to keep them busy!!











    ReplyDelete

We love comments!