Saturday, October 20

EGYPT: Take 2


I'm back in Egypt, but this time for about two weeks. Andre, my colleague, and I arrived here on Tuesday night, just after Ramadan. Today we had a day off, so our driver Muhammed took us out to the pyramids and stuff. It was nice to get around a little :)




After we had done the Sphinx and the pyramids we also went down in a tomb there. It was a Queen's tomb so it was pretty big, and it was, as you can see, pretty hard to get down there. It was only like 4 feet high. And it was steaming hot down there.... (this picture is taken on the way up)



Brick making must be a big thing down here because everything is made of bricks, and as you see much of it is not even finished. There is lot of building activity going on, but i guess they need some more houses for the above 20 million people that live in Cairo.
By they way, did you know that Egypt is importing sand?...guess why.


At the end of our trip we stopped at Muhammed Aly's Mosk which is part of a big fortress protecting Cairo from the east. We went inside and it was pretty cool.



Well that is all for now, I might post some more later.

And one last thing... if you need to loose weight, this is the place to come :)

They call it Pharaoh's Revenge...

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures, Prebn! I miss you and can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ble du syk igjen Preben??! og forresten, var det du som fikk ta med fotoapparatet da...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you are having some fun Preben. We missed you in Las Vegas! I think your trip might be a tad more educational though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is the neatest thing El!! I can read all about what you are doing over there!!
    Miss you!
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  5. true! you guys are even further north than us, so I can imagine it is worse for you!! It's just weird at 5pm for it to be dark. I need to look into 'happy' lights! ;)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!