Preben and I have been going to North Sea Baptist Church since last year, when I was here as an
Au-pair. It has been a great support because of all the international families there, who are going through the same differences and challenges as me, living in Norway and such. Last year I was in a wonderful women's Bible study, where I met some wonderful women, who were more like extra moms for me while was there. -

They were wonderful! Since I left last summer, there have been more young people moving to
Stavanger and attending
NSBC. Luckily, they have started a young adults Bible study, which we attended for the first time on Wednesday. It was great, and had some really nice young people. They all have young children, but it is nice to start making some friends. We have a new couple from Alaska that we really enjoy hanging out with.

We met them for breakfast this morning and they showed us where the butcher was, which apparently has the best meat in town. Carrie, the wife, has been really sweet to call me all the time during the days just to see if I want to get out of the apartment and run some errands with her. It has been a blessing to have met them! After breakfast at a little cafe' downtown, we headed to the library where Preben could do some studying. He is working on his MBA and has a final next week. I brought some stuff to read and work on while he was busy with school work. The search for the house continues on! Sundays are big showing days, so we are usually busy all day on Sundays. Next week we go to Kristiansand for Norway's big May 17th (Independence Day), so that should be fun. Poor Preben has his final exam on the 18th though :( so that kinda stinks. After that, I head home on May 22nd for Lauren's wedding! yay!
Jeg føler jeg må ta ansvar for norskundervisninga her... :-)
ReplyDeleteGøy med blogg, Ellen og Preben!! Så holder jeg meg litt oppdatert på livene deres.
Lykke til på eksamen, Preben! Du er flink!!
Kos dere på 17.mai, jeg blir i Oslo.
klem, kari :-)
Hey ENGERS!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your new blog - today's the first time I came across the fact that y'all have a blog. Cool pictures...
I'm excited to hear more about you both and life in Stavanger! I hope you are doing well and enjoying your new situation.
I'm heading to Norway in July - I'll be home the day before Kjersti and Baard's wedding.
I've 'bookmarked' your blog. See you soon.
Solveig
Koselig blogg!! Hyggelig å se dere på 17.mai, håper eksamen gikk bra den 18...
ReplyDelete