Well we have spent the last week in Kristiansand to celebrate Norway's independence day. We had a great time with Preben's family and friends. Preben also took his final exam, which he said was hard, but is just happy it is done. I have just put in some pictures from the week. We had really good weather for the parade which was great. Last year, when my mom was here for the celebrations, it was frigid... We hung out with Hilde for much of the day :) who is probably the best person to hang out with on May 17th because she is always the life of the party and screams the loudest, it was really fun! Every May 17th, apparently, the tradition is to eat as much ice cream as you can. We waited in front of a famous ice cream shop in Kristiansand, Mamma Mias, for an hour. It was worth is though!
During the weekend, we also got to meet up with Tor for lunch, who studied at UGA the year after Preben did.
The other picture is of Thor-Erling, Rune, Randi and Preben looking at dirty pictures from Preben's bachelor party...
The other picture is of Thor-Erling, Rune, Randi and Preben looking at dirty pictures from Preben's bachelor party...
We had a great week and it was so nice to see everyone again. Tomorrow I head home to the good ole USA. I'm sad that Preben can't come with me, but I know it will still be fun. That's all for now!!
Thanks for the update & Happy Independence Day!
ReplyDeleteYou guys look great!
Maybe we can all celebrate your bicentennial together in 2014
A good excuse for a family reunion maybe.
Love, Uncle Paul
whatcha going to england for?? bummer that we missed each other by a few weeks! Hopefully we will be back soon and only a short spit away from Norway!! I want to come see you guys over there!! We will have to plan it as soon as we know what are final plans are! ;) How was your trek in the States? Are you back in Norway yet? Love ya
ReplyDeletep.s. saw caitlin and nathan smith the other night and they asked about you or we talked about you and I over there and how beautiful your wedding was! ;)
ReplyDeleteEllen, I just checked out your blog. I have one too! It's yoopermama.blogspot.com. I don't have any pictures or write in it much but I have made a few entries. Yours is so much fun! I just love seeing you and Preban begin your new life together. Love in Christ, Rachel
ReplyDeleteyayyy May 17th! How much fun you got to hang out with Hilde too! Tell her hello for me!
ReplyDeleteI miss the chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream that Norway hasand all the fun festivities of May 17th! - how come we didn't know about that ice cream tradition when we visited?! ;)
Love getting all the updates even though I'm a little behind. Love you two.