Tuesday, May 21

Camping Trip!

2 posts within a week of each other??  I know you're impressed.  :)

******** also excuse the plane background.  Blogger keeps changing it for no reason and it's driving me nuts!!  
I'm too tired to try and figure out how to fix it AGAIN. *****


I think I've mentioned before about what a fun street we live on.
We all thought it might be fun to have a street campout at the end of our street.
Noah had been counting down the days for almost a month asking when this was going to happen.
He was SO EXCITED.
Mostly about eating marshmallows.


Campground and tent set up


uh, Mom, do you expect me to sleep out here??


ok good.


Our friends Becca & Richard said Preben & the boys could share a tent with them because they have 2 rooms in theirs.  
Kevin was nice enough to help assemble it and there were SO MANY leftover poles after the tent was completed it was not even funny.
Who knows where they were supposed to go.



coming together


street campground


The boys loved going in and out of the tent


Some of the kiddos!


if you look back there in the yellow tent, there's Savannah blowing up an air mattress in her tent.
#LuxuryCamping


Chillin


trail mix break

me and my best girl


Liam's favorite part was all the fun camping food


Some of the pretty mommas on our street
- love kelly's face!


not a campout without s'mores!


YUM!


There was only one kid that got too close to the fire :)


Noah kept looking up while doing this and would say, 
"I just love camping SO much!"



Scavenger Hunt!


all the kids got a light stick to help see during the hunt


Thea had fun too :)



Thea & I never planned on sleeping outside, because she still wakes up sometimes during the night.
Liam was begging to go home as soon as he understood that he wasn't going to be able to sleep in his bed. -so I took him home and put him to bed.

Noah kept jumping around in the tent because he was so excited and ended up coming home because he was disrupting the roommates :)

but the rest of the street slept out there the whole night!

fun huh?

so thankful for this fun place for our kids to spend this part of their childhood :)


2 comments:

  1. You DO have a super fun neighborhood! Did Preben end up sleeping in the tent then? Matt & I love camping. We weren't able to go at all last summer, but actually are going next weekend and then for a long weekend in August- we are excited!!!! The neighborhood camping idea is great for young families- I ♥ it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too fun! I actually thought the plane picture worked for you - you guys are world travelers! ;)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!