Yes. I made that word up.
We celebrated May 17th again!
As always, We wish we were able to celebrate this special day in Norway with our family there because it's just so much fun with all the parades, yummy food, and ice cream :)
check out our little bunad-ians from this year:
*special thanks to Hege for giving us Thea's bunad from her own baby girls, and thanks to Farmor & Farfar for sending us the boys!
(the one Liam is wearing was Preben's when he was little)
(Here's Preben)
I can't even TELL you how much fun I have dressing up Thea all the time.
She is my little doll and I love it.
We always go to the Norwegian celebration down at the Seaman's Church, and I was SOOO looking forward to it because our friends, The Lorentsens (American wife, Norwegian Hubby) were gonna be there too, but unfortunately, Thea had a fever and an ear infection so we had to stay home. :(
Look at Liam's little picture pose
The boys (on the actual May 17th) wore their Norwegian Soccer jerseys to school.
little Norwegians
Don't hit Thea!
Blast from the Past:
Here is a photo from my first May 17th experience, taken during the summer of 2005, when my sister and good friend, Katie were backpacking around Europe together.
Norwegian kids in the parade
With Ingunn, down at one of the famous harbors in Kristiansand
More parades
Preben and Ingunn
First time I met the Engers :)
We hope all you Norwegians had a fun Day celebrating!
We miss you all!
Hipp, Hipp, Hipp!!














Hurah, hurah, hurah!
ReplyDeleteSo fun Ellen:) The kids look adorable in their bunads. Miss you and looking forward to seeing you soon. Hege
ReplyDeleteLOVE the pics of the kids in the beginning- how fun!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed the pictures. They are an adorable
ReplyDeletegroup of Norwegians