Well, I'm officially at the beached whale stage.
I just roll out of bed about 32 times a night to go to the bathroom and I am more than ready for this baby to come out. With Noah, I was induced, and he was out at 37 weeks because of my high blood pressure, that's less than a week away! My doc said she won't induce me this time though until 39 weeks since my blood pressure is stable. bummer!
(but we are thankful for a good blood pressure :) )
So, we just have to wait it out!
We've been keeping busy; Preben has been busily writing away on his thesis....(we will be so happy when it's finished and out of our lives - it's like a rain cloud over our heads), and Noah and I have been crafting!
hmmm... which color to choose?
Hi Mom! want to color with me?
Noah loves it.
He puts all the markers away in their box before he gets out the crayons, and then puts all those away before he gets out the colored pencils. He's tidy and organized like that. :)
My 2 cute artists
yes, it took my breath away too.
I mean, what can I say, he's naturally a budding Van Gogh.
This piece will be worth millions one day.
And here's where we spend most of our nights after Noah goes to bed.
This is our dinning/thesis-writing/sewing/craft/and stroller room!
I got a sewing machine a while ago, and I'm really loving it. It's perfect at night while Preben is writing, and we can still "spend time together" if I'm in there sewing with him!
I've done some little projects, and I'll post some things I've made later, but here's my latest:
It's called a "gathered clutch".
It's called a "gathered clutch".
How cute is that?!
I made this as a birthday gift for my sister Amy.
I'm still learning, but It's been fun!
If you want to make one too, just go here, to this girl's cute website and follow the tutorial she made.
She has other cute things that you can make from there too!
It was easier than I thought it would be, and to me the hardest part was measuring/cutting the fabric.
(Again, not so easy for a pregnant girl to be on the floor doing anything except sitting)
Thanks to Preben for helping me do this when he saw me struggling! :)
Well, that's what we've been up to!
I know you're jealous of our super exciting lives. ;)
it's about to get really exciting after our little boy comes into this world!

Oh my gosh girl, I cannot believe you are almost finished with your pregnancy. Crazy! You know it is funny. They whole time I was pregnant (and a little bit after) Clay was studying for the PE exam. So I totally know how you feel having your hubby busy. I really hope things are going well with you guys.
ReplyDeleteSo impressed! With noahs coloring and that cute purse!
ReplyDeleteyou've inspired me! i've got to get that sewing machine. :-) would love to hear your suggestions when you have time. (not that you haven't given them to me before... they were just left in my other brain)
ReplyDeleteBookmarked! Thanks for the tip! And good luck with the weeks (days?) to go of your pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update, Ellen, on Noah's artwork, Preben's writing and your sewing. I am excited about the upcoming event for the Enger's. Keep us Norwegians posted about new-Enger-baby's whereabouts. Sol
ReplyDeleteEllen!! You are so creative!!! That clutch purse thing is ADORABLE! And Noah is such a cute artist!! :) You are so funny El
ReplyDeleteCrud, now I have to get a sewing machine... :)
ReplyDeleteWhich do you have?
I'll trade you an original Ellen Enger clutch purse for an original Danielle Hutlas painting.
ReplyDeletedanielle- done!
ReplyDelete