Thursday, May 13

Sunny Mediterranean Bread

One of the things we really miss about Norway is the fresh bread they have every day at the grocery store.    Sooo, when my good friend, Chris Culver heard this, he bought us a bread machine for a late wedding present.  :)  Thanks again Chris!!

Anyway, I've made lots of bread in my machine, but this is one of our favorite recipes.  Noah even loves it and he's proving to be a picky eater!

If you don't have a bread machine, I'm sure there is some way you can make it, but I'm not exactly sure how.  (I get confused with the whole rising process)  :)






Anyway, here's the recipe for a 2 lb. loaf:

1- 1/2  C 80° F water
2/3    C Sun Dried Tomatoes in oil drained and chopped
1- 1/2 TBL Oil from tomatoes
1- 1/2 TBL Olive Oil
2 tsp Tomato Paste
1/3 C Olives rinsed, chopped
1- 1/2  tsp Salt
1- 1/2 TBL Sugar
4 C  Bread Flour
2- 1/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast

Combine ingredients as your bread machine instructs (liquids or dry ingredients first)
Select French Cycle

I got this recipe from the Breadman Ultimate Plus Bread Machine User manual.


Yummm!


1 comment:

  1. sometimes the only thing he'll eat!
    miss him and that bread.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!