Tuesday, February 26

Goodbye Parties!

Well, praise the Lord, we made it to Texas safe and sound. There was only the minor drama of Preben getting the stomach flu just before we left. ugh! He survived, and gave it to me, thankfully after the long plane ride across the pond.
I wanted to post some pictures of some of the sweet parties we had just before we left. We had so much fun at all of them, and are so thankful for such wonderful friends to give them to us. :)

This was a goodbye party that our Stavanger friends threw for us. They had cowboy boots with the Texas flag colored balloons on their front steps waiting for us when we arrived. How cute is that??


Here are my Stavanger girls, Carrie and Scottie


Since most of the people at the party work with oil, almost everyone had lived in Texas at one time or another. Here are the boys google earthing all the locations for us to keep in mind; including all their old houses.


Me and sweet Brandee


Us!


We had the best food! Everyone brought such wonderful things to eat. Scottie, a Texan herself, and in honor of us moving to her home city, made all Texan food such as quesadillas and veggies and dips all served on some kind of southwest looking dish. I love you Scottie!

Carrie and Jason, the hosts, decorated it all to a Texas theme! So cute!! I have the cutest friends!

Scottie even wore her "backup" Texas outfit. I would love to see the number one outfit because her back up outfit was so cute! And if you look closely, she even dressed her baby in a Texas bib. :) Here other little girl came in braided pigtails and a cow girl shirt & of course cowgirl hat and boots.

The boys chatting it up

This was a wonderful party we had in Kristiansand with all our favorite Kristiansand people. We had about 30 different kinds of tapas, which were all excellent. I didn't get many good pictures from that night, so those of you who took some maybe you could send some my way :)? Here's a cute group one of all of us. -I love you Hilde!


Here was yet ANOTHER party in honor of us leaving. We really felt so special! This one was given by Preben's work buddies. We went out to eat and then had a fun night of bowling after dinner. Everyone was so sweet and we had a wonderful time.


Me with some of the guys.


Bowling!! Of course, I lost and Preben dominated...


Another night, Gunnar, had us over for a lovely dinner with David and Scottie. He made stuffed peppers, which was pretty gourmet! I forgot to take a picture of Gunnar, but here's a cute one of the Fresch family from that night :)

We haven't taken many pictures yet since we've been in Texas. We have been pretty busy getting settled and getting over our illnesses. :) Preben is already back at work and enjoying it so far. We are currently living in a temporary apartment until the people move out of the house that we'll be renting. I have been wearing skirts and flip-flops, my favorite, but it does scare me a bit that I'm wearing that already in February. :) It's been fun exploring the city and our new home. That's all for now! I'll update soon! Thanks for your all your prayers!



1 comment:

  1. it's gonna be a hot summer, I guess... Here in Georgia I wore a woolen turtleneck sweater today, and I still froze.
    Good luck settling in!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!