
We have had our first visitor since we got married, and it was none other than my little sister Amy! She came last year as well, so is in fact, now, our VIP. The only American to come twice. :) She has been in Russia all summer, doing mission work with the little orphans there. Instead of going straight home, she decided to stop in Norway to visit us. :)
It was so nice to have her here, and made the lonely rainy days a lot more fun.
We got to do lots of fun things, like go to Kristiansand, hike up Prekistolen, celebrate Amy's 20th birthday, go to a wedding, and relax on the beach.
It was so nice to have her here, and made the lonely rainy days a lot more fun.
We got to do lots of fun things, like go to Kristiansand, hike up Prekistolen, celebrate Amy's 20th birthday, go to a wedding, and relax on the beach.
We had a great time, and here are just a few pictures from her visit.
Also, Amy is not actually taller than me in this picture, it just looks like it because she is standing on a higher spot than me.
This is when she got off the plane
Amy and Preben in Kristiansand, enjoying the view.
Amy and I downtown in Stavanger
Preben and Amy on the ferry to get to Prekistolen (fjord shown in first picture).
On the hike back down the mountain.

Preben and Amy on the ferry to get to Prekistolen (fjord shown in first picture).
On the hike back down the mountain.

Amy's Birthday Cheesecake and her blowing out the candles. Each one counts for 5 years. :)
Here we are on the beach. We saw some people riding horses while we were there, so here are some pictures of that.
Just like the movies...
We had a great time and I'm so happy she came! :)
So nice to see the sisters together, I heard the weather cleared up as soon as Amy came to visit,you bring god cheer wherever you go, Amy. It looks like so much fun, I hope I can do that horseback riding thing when I come sometime. :)
ReplyDeleteawww how fun!! Maybe we can be 'soon to be visitors' hehe!! can't wait! Looks cold there on the beach. It is currently 100 here and feeling like 115 or something crazy like that. It's hard for me to prepare mentally for the cold!! ;) If you can do it, so can I!
ReplyDeletep.s. we got your BEAUTIFUL thank you note in the mail this week. You made such a gorgeous bride!!!
Looks like you had fun!
ReplyDeleteI agree with jsm, your thank you note was beautiful! Never seen anything like that before... It's still on our kitchen table, like a piece of art!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThanks for keeping us up to date with these great pictures Ellen and Preben. Looks like Amy had a great time.
ReplyDeleteYes.. I agree concerning your thank you card. Angela told me that it was a beautiful card. Guys doesn’t notice that type of thing at first but when I looked at it again I had to agree.
Can we have another thank you card for thanking you for your thank you card that thanked us for the gift? “Thanking you in advance,
Love, UP
“Thanks again”