Here is a view from the house
As you can see, I'm in great need of some sun as I almost blend into my teeth. Either that, or I need some teeth whitening help.
I have been reading Harry Potter, which by the way is great! If you ever have thought about reading the books, I highly recommend that you go ahead and do it! They are so fun and I think they are much better than the movies. (But I liked the movies too). So that kept me occupied during most of the cold rain while we were there.

Here was our sunny day.
As soon as the sun comes out here in Norway, the people go out right away and just strip off their clothes and totally sit there with their faces tilted to the sun, and stay there until the sun leaves. I have never seen anything like it. Preben always jokes how in Atlanta, we try to find a nice shady spot, and in Norway, they are always looking for the most sunny spot.

Here is Per Otto, and Petter, Hege and Ronny's son.
We went crabbing one night, and Preben and I caught the most crabs. :) (It's a 2 man job). We let them go though, so I don't have a picture of them, before they were tossed back into the sea. But they were cute!

Here is me and Anne Turid, Preben's mom on the boat.
Here is me doing what I do best...

Here is Oda all dressed up in a Captin Sabelton (spelling?) outfit, after she went to this night show to see him and all his characters at the zoo. (Kinda like Captain Hook, I guess). She was all excited about it. :)
And here is us relaxing.
It was a fun trip, but I do have to say that I am getting homesick. I miss the Atlanta weather/summer quite a bit and the constant sunshine. There is nothing like jumping in the pool on a hot summer day :), and getting a seat belt tan from the sun shinning in on you from the open sunroof in the car, or going into a nice air conditioned place after being outside for a long time, or drinking a nice big glass of sweet tea with ice cubes. :) Oh how I love the sweet summertime!
aww fun post! Thanks for updating!! I'm already missing the warm weather and I don't even know what it's going to REALLY be like!! ;) You guys are too cute though! Love ya
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree more, Ellen! This weather makes me want to cry!! It's July, and where's the sun?? Depressing...
ReplyDeleteForgot to tell you; J.R and I are Harry Potter-fans too!! Can't wait to see the movie!!
ReplyDelete