Hello to all our readers!
(if you are all still checking on us) :)
I know we haven't been keeping this updated very well lately, which is something I love to do in my spare time because it's fun, relaxing and I think it's a cool way to document our lives since I've been slacking on my scrapbooks the past few years.
BUT I feel we don't have much spare time these days and I 100% blame my children.
(all 3 of them).
So since I'm feeling a little under the weather tonight, I'm not able, nor do I have the energy to get my list of chores done for the evening so here I am giving an update on our exciting lives.
Preben:
Preben has been working a lot lately. There have been a lot of Norwegians who've left to go back home to Norway because they have completed their assignment within Preben's work. So poor Preb has been working every other weekend. They call this "duty" which everyone has to take turns doing on the weekends, (someone's always got to be on call to man those oil rigs out in the sea!) but since so many people are gone, it's just down to Preben and another guy. So this has been quite an adjustment for all of us. I feel like he never gets a break from work, (except for 2 weekends out of the month) and I never get a break from the kids. We are so thankful he has a job he loves and that supports us, but we're just feeling like we need a vacation :)

Father's Day 2012

Father's Day 2011
It was recently American Father's Day. ( I always wonder if I should celebrate the Norwegian Father's Day for Preben, but right now I can hardly keep up with an American Holidays so for now we do it American style with American dates :))

Also a Happy Father's Day to my own Dad!
I love you so much!!
I think I kinda look like Liam here

Father's Day 2012

Father's Day 2011
It was recently American Father's Day. ( I always wonder if I should celebrate the Norwegian Father's Day for Preben, but right now I can hardly keep up with an American Holidays so for now we do it American style with American dates :))

Also a Happy Father's Day to my own Dad!
I love you so much!!
I think I kinda look like Liam here
Ellen:
I've been doing pretty good. As most of you know, pregnancy isn't my strong suit. But I have to say that this has been the best one yet! :) Praise God! So I'm here to debunk all pregnancy myths that being pregnant with a girl makes you more sick. I was for sure, without a doubt- sicker with the boys. (or at least sicker for much longer). I've had horrible headaches with this one but I would rather have that then feeling nauseous all the time. Now I'm just fat and tired. Very tired. Probably from chasing my 2 boys around like a crazy lady. ! which brings me to my next update; the boys.

crazy boys

They never stop
crazy boys
They never stop
Some of my neighbors threw me (and 3 other pregnant girls on my street) a really sweet baby shower. Check out the pics:
All the pregnant girls on our street!
(all of us are due in August!)
adorable homemade baby cradles (made out of diapers) and home sewn burp cloth.
Mine is the pink one!! :)
Sweet hostesses, Becca & Savannah
food!
gift table
we played a fun "guess who's baby picture this is" game
3 layer cake!
so yummy!
and pretty!
home made hand scrub for all the guests! cute huh?
Thanks again girls for doing this for us!
We are excited! Only 2 months left to go! (hoping it'll be a bit before that though! :))
Noah:
Man does this kid have energy. He never stops moving. Ever. He's been like this his entire life, (even in my belly) which I thought was normal for a boy, until we had Liam. I've always had to chase him, follow him, run after him and catch him...and Liam, he'll just follow me. Like behind me or next to me. He even holds my hand. But Noah, he has more spirit than any kid I've ever met. He also has a really big heart. And we love him so much for both of those things.

He's always asking, "Pappa, wanna go play soccer with me?" "Mommy, wanna go ride bikes with me?" "Pappa, wanna play cars with me?" "Mommy, wanna play play-dough with me?" (he always has to be doing something) and when we do something out of the ordinary, like go get frozen yogurt, or go out to breakfast, he'll be jumping up and down (literately) and say, "Mommy, I'm just so cited" (excited). He really is adorable.

"mommy take my picture like this"

He's always asking, "Pappa, wanna go play soccer with me?" "Mommy, wanna go ride bikes with me?" "Pappa, wanna play cars with me?" "Mommy, wanna play play-dough with me?" (he always has to be doing something) and when we do something out of the ordinary, like go get frozen yogurt, or go out to breakfast, he'll be jumping up and down (literately) and say, "Mommy, I'm just so cited" (excited). He really is adorable.
"mommy take my picture like this"
He's going through a clothes phase right now, though (which I'm praying is just a phase) which I didn't think happened until age 7 for a GIRL, but apparently not the case for us. He is so into what he wears and oh, so picky. Almost the first thing out of Noah's mouth when he wakes up in the morning (which has been around 6 a.m. these days) is, "Mommy, I need clothes" Clothes just means anything that is not pajamas.
So, he goes and finds his clothes in his drawers (only athletic shorts will do; nothing with a button) and a t-shirt, but not any shirt, it has to feel right and have the right sleeves, and either have Curious George on it, or the Super Man logo, or be yellow, or be something pirate-ey.
If it doesn't meet one of those requirements, then forget it. And when all those clothes are in the dirty laundry pile, he goes to fish them out. And when I hide them in the washer so he can't get them out of his hamper, then he goes and opens the washer and gets out dirty smelly clothes because he will not wear anything else. He will go from place to place looking for a certain shirt, and when I tell him he can't wear it because it's dirty, then all H.E. 'double hockey sticks' breaks loose.
My mornings around here have been pretty traumatic lately. He acts like I'm putting a straight jacket on him if it's something other than what he wanted to wear.

bubble bath! where's Liam??
bubble bath! where's Liam??
The sweetest thing he's starting doing lately though is that he wants to say the prayer at dinner every night by himself.
He says,
"thank you Jesus, blessings, keep us safe, WE LOVE YOU! AMEN!"
and then Liam will always end it with another, "AMEN!"

He's such a good big brother too!

He finished his soccer session at his school and he asked to sleep next to his medal and soccer award paper that night. He was so proud.
He's such a good big brother too!

He finished his soccer session at his school and he asked to sleep next to his medal and soccer award paper that night. He was so proud.
Liam:
He is getting bigger and bigger. He and Noah weigh the same and is just about 2 inches shorter than Noah.
Liam is our reliable kid.
He wakes up at the same time every day, (which Noah doesn't do),
goes to bed like a dream (which Noah doesn't do)
and always sleeps through the night, (which Noah still doesn't do)
and although he is the messiest eater on the face of the earth, (this is his greatest flaw) (guys, we've found applesauce on the back of his thigh before...while he's wearing pants! how does that even happen?) he usually eats whatever you put in front of him, and is very content just to sit with you and cuddle and read a book.
sweet brothers reading together
He is starting to copy some of Noah's bad behavior, but he is a good little kid. He can say lots of words, along with his ABCs and sing twinkle, twinkle little star which is just adorable.
He starts school next week, which I'm so excited about for him, (and for me!) but also nervous because he is definitely a home body and a momma's boy. Every kid is different and he is one who loves to be home.

Our little guys
Our little guys
Baby Girl:
She is a mover and a kicker. She moves all the time, but I love that so much, because with Liam, I remember I would have to practically drink a whole can of coke (which is not my favorite drink) to get him moving around when I was scared I didn't feel him kick so often. She also feels really big, which makes me nervous. I went to the doctor this week and my Dr. told me she is measuring perfectly, but I feel like she is big. I've been so tired I almost need a nap every day, which I do NOT have time for! How do you mommas do it who have go on bed rest???
Actually...that doesn't sound so bad right now.
My doctor told me this week that this pregnancy has made me pretty anemic, which would explain some of the exhaustion I've felt lately. Bring on the iron!
I've been going through the boys old clothes to take out the neutral things she could wear as well, and Noah found this old shirt and wanted to put it on.
He still fit into it ...(size 3-6 month)


here he is wearing it 3 years ago.
Special thanks to my Aunt Gayle who gave us this shirt 3 years ago when we went to the beach! we are obviously still getting use out of it :)
My doctor told me this week that this pregnancy has made me pretty anemic, which would explain some of the exhaustion I've felt lately. Bring on the iron!
I've been going through the boys old clothes to take out the neutral things she could wear as well, and Noah found this old shirt and wanted to put it on.
He still fit into it ...(size 3-6 month)


here he is wearing it 3 years ago.
Special thanks to my Aunt Gayle who gave us this shirt 3 years ago when we went to the beach! we are obviously still getting use out of it :)
Church:
Preben and I have really been thinking/praying about finding a new church since our old one is such a long drive, (about 45 minutes give or take) and we have decided that morning church is better for our family, even though we LOVED our evening services. We've also felt led to be in a church that is in the community where we live to become more a part of our community through our church with those who attend.
This is really bittersweet for us because we absolutely love our other church and our Sunday school class and especially our pastor.
I have been thinking a lot about how blessed I was to grow up in such an amazing presence of Bible teaching pastors/leaders.
Growing up, I went to an awesome church (Mt. Pisgah) who had one of the most successful youth groups started from the ground up, starting with just a few kids, which now has hundreds.
I attended the longest lasting bible study in the history of our church with leader, Gary Bishop.
In high school I went to 7:22 led by Louie Giglio at North Point Community Chruch pastored by Andy Stanley.
In Norway, I attended North Sea Baptist Church pastored by Tom Blackaby, Henry Blackaby's son ( a very famous Christian author)
and here in Houston, we have Gregg Matte as our pastor with famous members like Beth Moore who leads some of the most famous bible studies around the world for women.
I had no idea that many of these leaders, had such a big name in the Christian world until I left for the next church, where others would mention them and the great things they've done/written or are doing.
Please pray for us while we are in this transition of finding a new church. God has obviously had his hand on us this whole time with previous churches, but we would like to find one soon.
Houston:
It's getting hot, hot, hot here! UGH.
too hot, almost to go outside.
summers here are long, especially if you don't have a pool. and especially when you are pregnant.
It's a double whammy for me!

we've been doing lots of slip n' sliding

and lots of popsicle eating :)

and lots of busy bags

we've been doing lots of slip n' sliding

and lots of popsicle eating :)

and lots of busy bags
Well that concludes our family update.
Thanks for reading if you managed to get through this long post!
We sure do miss all you Georgians & Norwegians.
A LOT!
oh ellen... how i wish we were neighbors!!! we could have a fence connecting our backyards where zachary and noah could run themselves silly, while liam and justice try to keep up. :-) we miss seeing you guys!
ReplyDeleteAwww...man. Wish we could spend summer together. The boys are getting so big!! Love the update sister! Love you!
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed the updates and pictures. Glad it is a form of relaxation for you! When might Preben get some additional help so he doesn't have to work so many weekends? Wasn't your Dad a cute young guy? You and Preben are great parents. The boys are blessed. Wish I lived closer so I could help out. Love you lots
ReplyDeleteEllen I absolutely LOVE your updates & all the super fun pictures- I feel like I see you way more often than I actually do! Good luck with everything, I am SUPER excited for your little girl! ♥
ReplyDeleteWow, du er god til å skrive, Ellen! Med to aktive gutter og ei aktiv jente i magen skjønner jeg godt at ikke tida strekker til for masse blogging. Men gøy å lese hva som skjer i familien dere!
ReplyDeleteLykke til med svangerskapet, ikke lenge igjen nå!
håper vi ses når dere kommer til Norge i desember!
Hils så masse til Preben!
kari
would definitely love for Houston to be smaller and us be closer! :) love all the pictures - especially the comparisons to previous years. too cute as always. can't wait to meet that little girl!
ReplyDeleteOh man, lots of laughs from this one. David kept looking over at me as I giggled through the post. Totally relate on the second one being the easier one. I could sub "which Caleb still doesn't do" for all the same things. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are a grand storyteller and I appreciate your update. I feel like I know your boys :)
ReplyDeleteI went to 7:22 too!
ReplyDelete