Saturday, March 12

Yee-Haw!

It's been Rodeo Week here in Houston, which is when the Rodeo comes to town!
Please excuse the obscene number of pictures here, this post is mostly for the grandparents. :)

Noah had Rodeo day at school where they asked all the kids to dress like cowboys and cowgirls.
We are the only people in Texas who do not own a cowboy hat.  -Sinful, i know.
By the way- this is Noah's camera smile. :)



Go ahead, make my day.



This is the first time I've not been sickly pregnant, or just had a baby while the rodeo is in town.  We were so excited we got to go and see what it was all about!
Our sweet friend, Savannah watched Liam, so we could enjoy it with Noah. :)

on the "choo-choo tren" (tram) to get to the stadium.



Of course there were lots of tractors and lawn mowers there, Noah had to try them all out!


The best part was a petting zoo for the kiddos to pet the animals.  
Noah LOVED it!


Being gentle


Can I still pet him if he is laying down?
-That animal closest to the bottom of the picture was like a mini kangaroo or something.  He was hopping around the cage, and Noah would hop right behind him. :)


Llama FAACCEE!!!!!!
(for you Emperor's New Groove Fans)


Notice we bought a cowboy hat.
If you cant beat em, join em.


fascinated.


sheep!


What's he doing on there??


2 of my cowboys



We ran into our favorite Police officer, Adam!
(our old neighbor's (our Texas parents)  son.)
Pretty sure he's the best officer on the force!


Carnival at the rodeo!


For all you Norwegians, THIS is what the rodeo is, in case you don't know.


Noah wasn't so fond of the actual rodeo. :)


Preben's first ever Rodeo


Only the Engers would get pizza at a rodeo.
We would have gotten something more rodeo-ish, but we had to please this little guy RIGHT AWAY.


Funnel Cake!
It was Preben's first experience with a funnel cake, and he was not disappointed.



Neither was Noah


Nor I. :)


The bulls outside the stadium.


After the Rodeo, there is a concert, and this night it was Lady Antebellum

So much fun!
Yee-haw!!

5 comments:

  1. I will never tire of the pictures of you guys,but of course I am Lolli. I loved Noah's little hat,he makes a really handsome cowboy dude.It looks like he really loved the animals -can you guess what I would say after he touched all of them?
    It sure looks like you had fun. The funnel cakes are Dad's favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lady Antebellum. Lucky You. Looks like lot of fun and it seems like the qutest boy ever had lot the best time ever.Miss you guys. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love to see pictures of you - Our favorite Houston family. We notice you carried a very nice camerabag :) Does P still think its too girly...?
    Love E, E & RH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Emperor's New Groove. That's exactly what I thought when I saw that pic. So fun! Next thing you guys need are cowboy boots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, RH & E- i think preben likes the bag now :) he even carried it around a few times that night :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!