Let me tell you about a little treasure.
It's called Zofran.
Besides God, Preben, Enya (she has soothing music, ok?), and Zofran, I would not have survived my first pregnancy.
Originally created for patients going through chemo, it's now safely used for pregnant women who are pretty sick. (basically a strong anti-nausea medicine)
so, for you ladies out there who are pregnant and pretty sick, ask your doc about zofran! It just dissolves on your tongue, so you don't even have to take it with water.
It's a miracle and I am so thankful for this drug, and even more thankful that my health insurance covers it.
One of these little babies cost around 45 buckaroos.
That's right, so if you get the usual pack of 10, you're gonna dish out $400.00 (without insurance).
You can get the generic brand which is only 10 dollars for a whole pack, but I don't think it works as well. Anyway, check out our last package of Zofran and how much our insurance saved us.
RIDICULOUS.
Your insurance saved you almost $1400???? Holy crap, Ellen, that's amazing! I'm glad that you've got such a great provider and that you found a medication that's been so helpful for the nausea!
ReplyDeleteI praise God for Zofran, too! It was the only way I could keep down water, food, anything for weeks :)
ReplyDeletehahahaha, this post is hilarious! I am so glad to hear that it is helping you again this time. I totally agree with you that the generic doesn't work too good. I never got the real thing but didn't see much results with the generic. I cannot believe how much one pill is, that is CRAZY! I hope you are doing well!! I am counting the days, got our bags packed, and trying like crazy to walk this baby out. Went to mom's on the run today and walked 2 miles, and about to head out for another walk tonight. :)
ReplyDeleteWOW
ReplyDeleteWithout insurance, you would have to live in Norway. Would it be covered there?
Congrats with the new baby on the way!!
ReplyDeleteI just had to check te norwegian price on these babies. Here you would have to pay about 7,5$ each. 450 kr for a package of ten. So they are really expensive here too, but nothing like in the US.. Here you would have to cover the whole amount youself so it would have cost you more.
So, what helpful info! Most importantly, I am thankful that you are feeling ok. I hope that it gets better and better as you become more pregnant. I would love a chat sometime soon- maybe once one of these bad boys has kicked in :)
ReplyDelete